What does it cost to landscape my home in the Temecula Valley?
Creating a budget is the first step in planning your landscaping project. Most everyone has a budget in mind in regard to what they can afford to spend. We’ve found figuring out your landscape budget is very similar to buying a car. Before you take the time to drive out to the dealership you’ve most likely researched and decided on what you’re looking for right?. Is it something functional that gets you around gas friendly, maybe a Toyota or Honda?. Or are you only interested in something luxurious where you’re the envy of your neighbors, like a Mercedes or Porsche?. Landscaping is similar in that there are so many different things you can construct or build outside, range in quality of materials, finishes, manufacturers of products these things vary greatly. Your home is your single biggest investment in your lifetime, here are some things to think about..
Think about these things when developing a landscaping budget:
- Start with what you’ve got. The first step of any landscaping project is to make a list of what you already have or don’t have. Is this a brand new home, dirt backyard? or a complete remodel of existing landscape?.
- Can I do it myself or should I hire a licensed contractor. You need to ask yourself do I have the time, equipment, personnel and experience to complete the job? Landscaping can be very challenging it takes the coordination of several trades and unique skill sets working in unison to achieve a successful outcome. A licensed landscape contractor is going to have all the experience knowledge and equipment to undertake the project for you.
- Be upfront about costs. Know what you want to spend and talk budget up front with your landscape professional. Understand what things cost by getting at least three estimates from state licensed and Insured companies and If you’re still unsure what to budget, the ”ASLA” American Society of Landscape Architects suggests to start with 5 percent to 10 percent of your home’s worth. You might not realize it but studies have shown a well designed professionally Installed landscape can add as much as 15 to 20 percent to the value of your home.
Consider ”ROI” Return on Investment. When prioritizing your needs and wants, ask yourself these 4 questions:
- How long do you plan to live in the home?
- Is the style, design and functionality in line with the neighborhood when I eventually decide to sell?
- What will be the long-term maintenance costs associated with maintaining this landscape?
- And lastly does it make sense to do everything at once or in phases?.
Here are some industry related links that we feel may be of help to you…
The on-line home of Tri-State Materials, located near Diamond Valley Lake, in Winchester California.
Along with our rich history of brick products, the Pacific Clay name is also known for sewer pipe. Pacific Sewer Pipe Company had several facilities in California where they produced sewer pipe for use across the country.
Southwest Boulder & Stone has been providing natural rock and manufactured stone to the building industry. Specializing in boulder placement, our reputation for finding “just the right rock” and setting it in “just the right spot,” surpasses all others.
ORCO currently employs 150 people, many of whom have been with the company for more than 20 years.
Country Manor ORCO Mortarless Walls (PDF)
Keystone Country Manor offers the appearance and craftsmanship of hand-laid stone with the advantages of segmental wall construction and design.
Pacific Pavers Pacific Clay (PDF)
After more than 100 years of manufacturing quality clay products, Pacific Clay continues its tradition of providing innovative new products to meet the needs of its customers.
Green Solutions (PDF)
The choice to build “green” has revolutionized the construction industry. Choosing products and processes with a lower impact on the environment not only increases efficiency; but, also guides design decisions toward environmentally sustainable practices.
How to link to us…
We provide FREE links to qualified landscape related sites in our Resources Directory but only if you provide us with a reciprocal link first. If you wish to trade links with us, please link to us first using the following information:
Our URL to link to: http://www.LandscapersTemecula.com
Site Title: Landscapers Temecula
Site Description: Landscapers Temecula is a full service Landscaping Company, with over 50 years of combined experience in landscaping. We are residential specialists serving the Temecula Valley.
Once you have linked YOUR LANDSCAPE RELATED SITE to ours, please send the following information to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscapers Temecula Reciprocal Links
- Your web site title.
- Your URL.
- A brief description of your site (250 char. max.).
- Your contact email.
- The URL where the link to us resides.
- Please allow one week for us to review and approve your link.
Notice: We do not link to non-landscape related sites.